Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Reaching through the blocks for the Top




Today I hiked to Mt. Manitou ... up the Incline Trail! I needed to do something to break through the creative blocks. I forgot how much I LOVE a good hike and even used to relish in hill climbs. Had it really be over 12 years? It was really hard to get my breath comfortable for a good while. But once I felt my wind and was at ease, we hopped from Barr Trail onto the Incline. The Incline used to be the tram way; that closed down due to maintenance problems over 20 years ago. They've left the beams and it is now a training route for marathon runners and other fitness trainers. ... or folks like me who needed a kick start over a hurdle.

For a month now I have been working on my mission statement and working Tara Gentile's "52 Weeks to Blogging Your Passion." The first step is to write and post your mission statement during your first week. As you can see ... I've been dragging on that mission.

I have done a heap of other things, like I updated my web page. Got scheduled to exhibit my "store" at a couple of shows, met lots of folks and am scheduling classes (oh yeah, I need to update my calendar ...). But I have been stalling on posting my mission statement. Why... there is still a little fear that "you" won't accept me. Well, ya just gotta admit that not everyone is going to accept everyone, so that's a good stall tactic to just "get over!" I accept me, and that's the important matter here. So here goes:

My Mission: "Creativity is my compass. I am establishing Roses Creativity to offer classes and artworks to inspire, validate and help others experience joy and well being. The practice of the creative process can establish a wonderful sense of well being, and in sharing this practice, we can share that good feeling and explore creative "soul"-utions."

There! I did two hard things today. I just posted my mission statement and I walked up the Incline to Mt. Manitou. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment